Covid 19 |Paris region locked for 4 weeks
French Prime Minister Jean Castex announced Thursday a 4 weeks lockdown for Paris and other regions of the country starting today saturday as the number of Covid-19 patients in intensive care units spikes.
The restrictions will be imposed on 16 regions, including the Paris area.
While non-essential businesses will close and movement outside will be restricted in the affected regions, schools will stay open and outdoor exercise allowed up to 10 kilometres (6 miles) from home, he said. Concerning the rest of France, the curfew will also be reduced, starting at 7pm .
With 4.11 million people infected since the start of the outbreak, France has the sixth-highest case count in the world.
- Schools remain open (kindergarten, elementary) as well as colleges.
- The high schools, go to “half-gauge”.
- Universities continue to function according to the current rhythm.
- Sports activities resume normally during school time, outdoor activities during extra-curricular time are maintained.
- Travel outside the home is permitted during the day (until 7:00 p.m.) with a certificate, without time limit, within 10 km from home.
- Inter-regional travel is not permitted except for exceptional reasons or for professional reasons.