WHATSAPP GROUP RULES
1. Introductions New members may be referred to the group by existing members.
2. Group Content Members are expected to maintain a high degree of conversational etiquette coupled with respect for others and their time.The following are therefore NOT allowed.
(a) Explicit content – (Text/images/video/audio) depicting violence/nudity/sexual content/substance abuse/human suffering.
(b) Insults – Direct and/or indirect insults/abuse/provocation aimed at other members and/or any (religious/social/political/professional) groups they may belong to.
(c) Forwards and non public interest posts – Forwards and other content that is unimportant, non-informative and lacking in news value. These include but aren’t limited to jokes, religious content and inspirational messages.
(d) Falsehoods/Propaganda/Fake news – All forms of lies and innuendo including sponsored political propaganda, the so called “fake news” and any other posts that the posting party cannot readily substantiate.
(e) Re-Posts – Re-posting of content without any obvious benefit
(f) Advertisements – All forms of commercial advertisements and promotions of all kinds including individual and political social media campaigns.
3. Special Focus Periods Group administrators may declare special focus periods with clearly defined subjects. These may last between 1 and 7 whole days and MUST be declared in daytime (7am to 6pm) with a notice period of at least 2 hours. Discussion shall be stricted to the stated subject within a focus period.
4. Temporary Exceptions and Waivers At least two administrators may grant a temporary waivers to any member who wishes to post content that would otherwise contravene any clause of Rule 2 but is deemed reasonable/important/rational/relevant. The scope and duration of such a waiver shall be explicitly stated upon grant and may not last more than 6 hours and shall be deemed withdrawn if applicants flout waiver scope guidelines provided by the granting administrators thrice.
5. Penalties Members who contravene group rules shall be suspended from the group(s) after a warning from an administrator. The suspending administrator shall clearly state the rule contravened by a member before suspension.
About WAKENYA WHATSAPP GROUP Wakenya1 and Wakenya2 are WhatsApp groups formed by kenyans in France. They are not affiliated to any political, religious group or any company. The aim of the group is contribute to the advancement of social and economic welfare among Kenyans In France